The TANK: Becoming a Center for Sonic Arts!
A little over two years after our beginning, we have accomplished a great deal, thanks to our supporters and the Rangeley and Rio Blanco County communities.
- Raised over $46,000 on Kickstarter to fund the transformation (thank you, backers!)
- Received permission to change the use of The TANK from water storage to meeting hall
- Received our building permit and started to build!
- Created a new driveway (Thanks Uries!)
- Installed utility electric power
- Installed a ventilation system per building code
- Planned a shipping-container-based outbuilding
- Planned a large door for musical instruments and people
- Removed a large pipe on the interior and transformed it into a series of musical instruments which double as benches
- Received US Federal 501c3 non-profit status!
There are a GREAT many people to thank – some recent thank-yous listed in our work-party update.
Once we have a certificate of occupancy, it will be safe for the public for the first time ever. (more)
Sign up here to receive our newsletter (you can choose if you want lots of updates or just the occasional big updates).